Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Sting finally coming to the WWE?

+6
SMARKY SNARK
Tubbs McGurk
Mark-Jabroni
Lucha Lass
Gangsta Monkey
Mr Vortex
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Sting finally coming to the WWE? Empty Is Sting finally coming to the WWE?

Post by Mr Vortex Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:48 pm

2014-02-27 12:37:00

Are the rumors of Sting finally coming to the WWE true? At 55 years old, this would definitely be the last chance for him to do so and judging from what I have seen of his last days in TNA, he would need some work to get back into the shape we are used to seeing him in. Despite the age factor though, I for one would love to see it happen and as much as I like his Crow and the Joker-like persona he adopted in TNA, I really wish he would dye his hair blonde and come out as 80's surfer Sting, but I understand I may be on the minority on that one. Here is hoping that WWE actually makes it happen...
Mr Vortex
Mr Vortex
Admin

Rep : 4

https://extremelucha.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Is Sting finally coming to the WWE? Empty Re: Is Sting finally coming to the WWE?

Post by Mr Vortex Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:05 am

With Brock Lesnar officially being booked to battle the Undertaker at Wrestlemania 30, it's looking less and less likely that Sting will be at the event. Even more troubling is recent news that despite Sting now being ready to sign, Vince Mcmahon is dragging his feet on the deal, saying that it is not a big priority!

WTF 

I realize that at his age, Sting will not be a poster child for the future, but if they decide not to bring him in, the WWE is missing a huge opportunity IMO to not only sell tons of Sting and retro WCW merchandise, but also bring in possibly the greatest talent that has never appeared for the company.

Damn! I wish they would make a decision already! As much as I like being surprised, I'd hate to think that the WWE let another golden opportunity fly by, especially after the disappointment that the WCW/ECW Invasion angle was.
Mr Vortex
Mr Vortex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is Sting finally coming to the WWE? Empty Re: Is Sting finally coming to the WWE?

Post by Gangsta Monkey Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Mr Vortex wrote:I realize that at his age, Sting will not be a poster child for the future, but if they decide not to bring him in, the WWE is missing a huge opportunity IMO to not only sell tons of Sting and retro WCW merchandise, but also bring in possibly the greatest talent that has never appeared for the company.

Damn! I wish they would make a decision already! As much as I like being surprised, I'd hate to think that the WWE let another golden opportunity fly by, especially after the disappointment that the WCW/ECW Invasion angle was.

As much as I liked Sting during the 80's & 90's his time has probably past. I think he stayed too long in TNA for too long and it might have cost him a shot at WWE.

I agree. The invasion angle was complete shit. Hell, more then half the people on the 'WCW/ECW' team were from the WWE! Being a hardcore ECW & WCW fan, it pretty much killed wrestling for me and it still pisses me off. The only two fools that got any respect were Booker T and Rey Mysterio and Booker had to job to the Rock before he could get any play. It could have been the greatest angle in wrestling history but Vince fucked it up by letting his ego get the best of him and turned it into complete shit!
Gangsta Monkey
Gangsta Monkey

Rep : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Vortex Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Gangsta Monkey wrote:As much as I liked Sting during the 80's & 90's his time has probably past. I think he stayed too long in TNA for too long and it might have cost him a shot at WWE.

I agree that he stayed at TNA for too long, but I still don't think it's too late for him. IMO he can still perform a the top level for a year or tow more, provided he stays healthy and injury free.
Mr Vortex
Mr Vortex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucha Lass Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:44 am

Mr Vortex wrote:I really wish he would dye his hair blonde and come out as 80's surfer Sting, but I understand I may be on the minority on that one. Here is hoping that WWE actually makes it happen...

That would be awesome!
Lucha Lass
Lucha Lass

Rep : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gangsta Monkey Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:01 pm

Lucha Lass wrote:
Mr Vortex wrote:I really wish he would dye his hair blonde and come out as 80's surfer Sting, but I understand I may be on the minority on that one. Here is hoping that WWE actually makes it happen...

That would be awesome!

C'mon on! If they do bring back Sting, it has got to be as the Crow/Joker gimmick he did in WCW and TNA. Wrestling has changed since the 80's.
Gangsta Monkey
Gangsta Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark-Jabroni Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:34 am

After the Royal Rumble, rumors of Sting going to WWE were everywhere. Now it has gotten really quiet. I can't tell if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
Mark-Jabroni
Mark-Jabroni

Rep : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark-Jabroni Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:05 pm

Pretty much all the news articles about Sting possibly joining the WWE are about a month old. I heard he recently did some interview in the UK but from what I have read, did not say anything about joining the WWE.
Mark-Jabroni
Mark-Jabroni

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Vortex Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:02 am

It was rumored today that Sting has already signed a deal with the WWE and they are just keeping it a secret.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2014/3/19/5523882/rumor-roundup-mar-19-2014-sting-wwe-deal-undertaker-plans-sheamus-heel-turn
Mr Vortex
Mr Vortex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark-Jabroni Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:23 am

I think if Sting comes now it will be as an ambassador for WCW and not so much as an active wrestler.
Mark-Jabroni
Mark-Jabroni

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Vortex Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Mark-Jabroni wrote:I think if Sting comes now it will be as an ambassador for WCW and not so much as an active wrestler.

That is probably the most realistic scenario, given his age. However, the fanboy inside me wants to see surfer sting have a run in the WWE.
Mr Vortex
Mr Vortex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Vortex Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:12 pm

Mr Vortex
Mr Vortex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark-Jabroni Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:01 pm

It's been posted for some time that Sting has officially singed with WWE and they are just trying to think of an storyline for him before his introduction,
Mark-Jabroni
Mark-Jabroni

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubbs McGurk Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:04 pm

He should fight Bray Wyatt!  t0139 
Tubbs McGurk
Tubbs McGurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Vortex Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:39 pm

I hope it is for more than just one fight. Perhaps they could team him up with Cena to fight the Wyatt family for a while so he did not have to carry the load in the fights.
Mr Vortex
Mr Vortex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SMARKY SNARK Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:53 pm

So when are they going to bring out Sting. RAW and Smackdown have gotten boring again since Wrestlemania. They should have Sting start a streak of victories that goes until Wrestlemania XXXI.
SMARKY SNARK
SMARKY SNARK

Rep : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Vortex Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:13 pm

SMARK SNARKS wrote:So when are they going to bring out Sting. RAW and Smackdown have gotten boring again since Wrestlemania. They should have Sting start a streak of victories that goes until Wrestlemania XXXI.

I agree. Add more to the Sting WWE compilation DVD by all means.
Mr Vortex
Mr Vortex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark-Jabroni Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:15 pm

Mr Vortex wrote:I hope it is for more than just one fight. Perhaps they could team him up with Cena to fight the Wyatt family for a while so he did not have to carry the load in the fights.

If they have him doing tag team fights, I can see him doing a lot more. Honestly, they need Sting in WWE. RAW has gotten downright boring as of late. The WWE universe needs an injection of scorpion venom!
Mark-Jabroni
Mark-Jabroni

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubbs McGurk Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:26 pm

I still want a Sting vs Undertaker match, but that does not look like it is going to happen anymore.  Sad 
Tubbs McGurk
Tubbs McGurk

Back to top Go down

Post by SMARKY SNARK Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:01 am

Tubbs McGurk wrote:I still want a Sting vs Undertaker match, but that does not look like it is going to happen anymore.  Sad 

It looks more and more like Undertaker is hanging up his boots so I don't think this fantasy match will ever happen. I think there are some other matches with current WWE talent that could be interesting though, especially Sting vs the Wyatt family.
SMARKY SNARK
SMARKY SNARK

Rep : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by shugojin-4 Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:33 am

WE WANT STING NOW!!! Preferably some variant of his WCW Crow or TNA Joker attire.  Cool
shugojin-4
shugojin-4

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Vortex Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:25 am

shugojin-4 wrote:WE WANT STING NOW!!! Preferably some variant of his WCW Crow or TNA Joker attire.  Cool

I've made my preference for Surfer Sting known already, but I understand that things have changed since the 1980's.  Cool
Mr Vortex
Mr Vortex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucha Lass Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:56 am

How cool would it be if they had Sting be commissioner of a new WCW show?
Lucha Lass
Lucha Lass

Back to top Go down

Post by Gangsta Monkey Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:58 am

Mr Vortex wrote:I've made my preference for Surfer Sting known already, but I understand that things have changed since the 1980's.  Cool

Ummm.. Yeah, just a little bit.  Rolling Eyes
Gangsta Monkey
Gangsta Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by shugojin-4 Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:22 am

Lucha Lass wrote:How cool would it be if they had Sting be commissioner of a new WCW show?

That's an interesting idea. They could add another show, or rebrand Smackdown and give us something new to watch.
shugojin-4
shugojin-4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum