Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The last few pay per views = disappointing! What about Wrestlemania?

5 posters

Go down

The last few pay per views = disappointing! What about Wrestlemania?  Empty The last few pay per views = disappointing! What about Wrestlemania?

Post by Mr Vortex Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:35 pm

The last two pay per views that I watched, the Royal Rumble and The Elimination Chamber have been disappointing to say the least. The Royal Rumble had few surprises and the ones it did have like JBL were lame. Unlike many other people, I actually enjoyed El Torito's short time in the Rumble and wish he had some more time to show off his skills.

Meanwhile the Elimination Chamber had its own problems. The matches before the six man chamber match were good, especially the SHIELD vs the Wyatt Family, which I especially liked. However, the chamber match itself was riddled by outside interferences like when the Wyatts appeared in the ring and eliminated Cena, or when Corporate Kane caused Daniel Bryan to lose.

This brings me to Wrestlemania. It really looks like the WWE is really pushing this Orton vs Batista main event, despite the entire WWE Universe wanting Daniel Bryan to get the title shot, me included. Unless something crazy goes down on RAW, Bryan seems to be locked into a feud with Corporate Kane, while Cena will probably battle Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania. Undertaker looks set to face Brock Lesner, which kills any hope for the Sting vs Undertaker dream match that I had been hoping for.

These look like some good matches but aside from the Undertaker, it is not anything that we have not seen every week on RAW and Smackdown. If the WWE really wants to make this he best Wrestlemania ever, hopefully they bring back some surprises. It was awesome to see Hulk Hogan on RAW this week, but he was woefully underused and when he was speaking he was mostly selling us on the network. I was hoping he was going to join the commentary team that evening or that Brock would slam him thorough a table or something, but it was not to be. No wonder the ratings for RAW for the second and third hours dropped after that, even with the Undertaker making a comeback.

Hopefully the WWE has learned from these mistakes and will correct them when it is time for Wrestlemania. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they conjure up a few surprises, like the greatest wrestler never to work in the WWE, Sting, to make an appearance, but we'll see. If it happens, it will be the best Wrestlemania I have seen in a while just in pure nostalgia factor alone.
Mr Vortex
Mr Vortex
Admin

Rep : 4

https://extremelucha.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The last few pay per views = disappointing! What about Wrestlemania?  Empty Re: The last few pay per views = disappointing! What about Wrestlemania?

Post by Gangsta Monkey Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:51 am

Those matches fucken suck! Daniel 'the American Dragon' Bryan should be headlining Wrestlemania. Now they got him against Triple HHH? Screw that! Not only should Triple HHH be nowhere near Wrestlemania, he needs to get his ass of WWE television, PERIOD! All his segments are lame, predictable and take TV time away for people younger wrestlers.
Gangsta Monkey
Gangsta Monkey

Rep : 3

Back to top Go down

The last few pay per views = disappointing! What about Wrestlemania?  Empty Re: The last few pay per views = disappointing! What about Wrestlemania?

Post by Mr Vortex Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Gangsta Monkey wrote:Those matches fucken suck! Daniel 'the American Dragon' Bryan should be headlining Wrestlemania. Now they got him against Triple HHH? Screw that! Not only should Triple HHH be nowhere near Wrestlemania, he needs to get his ass of WWE television, PERIOD! All his segments are lame, predictable and take TV time away for people younger wrestlers.

Triple HHH gave a kayefabe interview with Michael Cole on why he won't be fighting Daniel Bryan. Let's hope that stays the case. Having Bryan face a retied wrestler at Wrestlemania, is a step backwards IMO, even with the pedigree Triple HHH has.
Mr Vortex
Mr Vortex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gangsta Monkey Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:07 pm

Mr Vortex wrote: Triple HHH gave a kayefabe interview with Michael Cole on why he won't be fighting Daniel Bryan. Let's hope that stays the case. Having Bryan face a retied wrestler at Wrestlemania, is a step backwards IMO, even with the pedigree Triple HHH has.

Naw, it looks like they are pushing this Triple HHH, Daniel Bryan fight, which sucks balls! Triple HHH is old and played out. He needs to stop wrestling, get off TV and take care of Stephanie's kids while she works.
Gangsta Monkey
Gangsta Monkey

Rep : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Vortex Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:19 pm

Yeah, I'm tired of Triple HHH. It's bad enough that Daniel Bryan is getting the shaft so they can give Boo-tista a title shot, but now they are using it as an excuse for Triple HHH to worm his way into a Wrestlemania match. The fans have been pissed since the Royal Rumble and it seems like the WWE doesn't care about what they want. The thing is, so long as people continue to pay for tickets to events, sign up for the network and watch on TV, the WWE isn't going to change anything. The only way to force their hand is by taking away your dollars. Honestly, it's stuff like this that made me stop watching WWE after the Invasion angle and if things don't change soon, I will stop watching it again. That is why I am hoping that TNA gets better b/c I'm tired of what the McMahon's are trying to push down our throats.
Mr Vortex
Mr Vortex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark-Jabroni Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:38 am

Hey guys, Mark Jabroni here. Just wanyed to pop in to say I agree with you guys. WWE used to be the place where the desire of the fans was the most important thing. I think that changed after WCW went under.

When WCW was still around the WWE was forced to put out the best product. Now that they don;t have any real competition, the WWE can put out whatever they want and just focus on money issues. They know (or at least they think they know) that the fans will keep coming and giving their dollars up no matter what, so why would they change?
Mark-Jabroni
Mark-Jabroni

Rep : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Vortex Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:03 pm

Daniel Bryan now has a match against Triple HHH. If he wins, he gets add to the main event and has a chance to win the World Heavyweight Championship.
Mr Vortex
Mr Vortex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubbs McGurk Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:07 pm

Mr Vortex wrote:Daniel Bryan now has a match against Triple HHH. If he wins, he gets add to the main event and has a chance to win the World Heavyweight Championship.

Just means Triple HHH worked his way onto the card. They could have easily added him to the fight without that stipulation. I guess the reason they are doing it this way is for dramatic suspense. If things don't work out the way the fans want though, it will be a major bummer!  Sad
Tubbs McGurk
Tubbs McGurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubbs McGurk Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:14 pm

WOW! It is now confirmed on RAW that the main event will now be a triple threat match no matter what. So if Triple HHH wins, he could feasibly win it all!  Shocked 
Tubbs McGurk
Tubbs McGurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Vortex Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:59 pm

Tubbs McGurk wrote:WOW! It is now confirmed on RAW that the main event will now be a triple threat match no matter what. So if Triple HHH wins, he could feasibly win it all!  Shocked 

Personally, I'm tired of Triple HHH. He was a good heel in his prime but now he is using his pull in the company to keep himself in the spotlight. I also cringe to think of the day when Vince retires and the WWE is left to Triple HHH and Stephanie to run.
Mr Vortex
Mr Vortex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Vortex Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:40 am

Arnold Schwarzenegger in the battle royal at Wrestlemania!
Mr Vortex
Mr Vortex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark-Jabroni Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:22 am

The Divas match looks particularly lame.
Mark-Jabroni
Mark-Jabroni

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Vortex Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:57 am

The last few pay per views = disappointing! What about Wrestlemania?  Tumblr_mu1tvlBPhj1sx191ko1_500
Mr Vortex
Mr Vortex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubbs McGurk Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:11 pm

I thought it was pretty good. The Undertaker loss was shocking and will prove to be memorable.
Tubbs McGurk
Tubbs McGurk

Back to top Go down

Post by SMARKY SNARK Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:59 pm

Wrestlemania was good because of the Undertaker Brock match and Daniel Bryan. I wonder what they are going to do for Extreme Rules though.
SMARKY SNARK
SMARKY SNARK

Rep : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum